Thursday 17 September 2015

Post NZ wrap up

'Sup

Back in Perth - safe and sound.

NZ was fabulous, gorgeous countryside surrounding Napier and we got to know the towns within a 50k or 60k radius pretty well.

As was to be expected we had a fair few hot weak flat whites to accompany our sossy rolls in some great cafes. 

My sister and I shot around the corner to a cafe near my house earlier this morning. Below is a tat a girl in there had - which she kindly gave me permission to reprint here...


" Death before decaf", 
- that's a barista who takes her job reasonably seriously ...

Back to the ride - we collectively raised US $110k. A fantastic effort by all concerned.

 Fordy  raised almost half of that himself which warrants a special mention. He and Subhash did a 214k day on the Thursday which was also pretty large! 

Massive congrats and well done to our fellow guys and girls who did the ride in Cambodia - quite a few of whom for the first time - a real achievement. 

Fordy is going to send me a few thoughts about the Cambodian experience which I'm going to cut and paste. Obviously I'll sabotage it a little if it reads too well coz he doesn't need to over perform here as well surely.

I've previously mentioned the most creative relationship in the history of music - namely Michael Stipe from REM and Natalie Merchant from 10,000 Maniacs - then an incomparable solo career.  I haven't ruled out Whatsapping her for a catch up. 

Every whisper
Of every waking hour
I'm choosing my confessions
Trying to keep an eye on you

Losing my Religion
REM

Back shortly




1 comment: