Thursday 16 July 2015

It's blog time...

Homies

Finished the TdF ( Strava) Challenge yesterday. Strava is a bit like Facebook for cyclists. Tested the patience of a couple of my little riding buddies during the last week or so - sitting on their wheels - Drew, Dale and Handsome Gaz.
Told the missy but we had to get to brunch so not a huge amount of positive feedback unfortunately. She's pretty good at hiding her admiration the lovely Joanna. I think she thinks Strava is all a bit frivolous. Between Harry and Minecraft and me and Strava I suspect she's been hopeful of some more enlightening conversation at number 74.

She didn't miss the news of the week tho.. Mick Fanning... are you right????
Goodness Gracious.



I've been worried about sharks as long as I can remember. We did the Rottnest swim as a relay six years ago or so and we saw a shark 50m away from the swimmer before me. It wasnt huge and was looking to get away from the boat traffic but I was next swimmer in and despite it looking like it was long gone I literally couldn't control my heart rate.

There will be a new post up over the next few days with news of the fund raising results to date. I'm up in Singapore from Friday to Monday. Several of the riders are based there so will see how there preparations are going. All looking like they are training pretty well and on track.



I mentioned in my last post it's been pretty cool here in the mornings with a couple of the boys turning up with more facial hair than in previous winters. One of the hipsters has passed on this life rule ..
If your Dad hasn't got a beard you've got two Mums.

Talk later in the week

No comments:

Post a Comment