Tuesday 15 October 2013

Paris and Disneyland

We caught the Eurostar out of Paddington station. There's been a lot of infrastructure cash thrown at the station itself and its a very impressive facility. 

My sister Sarah and Erin had just been to Paris and the Eiffel tower a fortnight or so before with my other sister Jacinta and her daughter Annie - so they went straight on to Disneyworld. 

Joey, the H man and I jumped off at the tower. It's far busier than I remember but a must visit for Harry. What I didn't know from the last time we were there - pre Harry - was that the tower is still half owned by the state and half owned by the Eiffel family. I'd love to see their year end financials.

Joey and Harry at the top of the tower .He's  picked up that move from watching the WWF and no doubt The Girls of the Playboy Mansion. I've given up trying to get him to change the channel. I've explained they are reruns and there's no new material but it always seems to fall on deaf ears.


On the teacup ride below . I objected obviously , on the basis that that particular ride was arguably too feminine for Harry but it wasn't one of the one in twenty six occasions my suggestion gets acted upon. It's. "iconic" apparently .


This is a shot of Harry and his cousin Erin. I'd just asked him where Dad ranked out of Mum , Dad and his Aunty Sarah.


We'd used the last of our cash getting to Disneyworld so none left over for warm clothes for 8 year olds. That's my cycling vest Harry's wearing. 

Here you 'll see I'm giving the little man some tips on keeping it real.


This picture had to go in as it's probably the last trip we go on where Joeys still taller than Harry.


More than one person at Disneyland asked me when my sister Sarah is going to start growing up. That's ridiculous headgear she's wearing.! .... What's that ?...


Harry, Erin and Mickeys missus. 


Here's a picture of Harry taking a picture of Joey - always thinking , see how clever that is. Joeys generously minding Harry's Rose for him whilst he takes the picture .


Sar's and Erin scampered home from Disneyland but we stayed on in Paris for a bit to soak up some culture whilst the good folk of Paris soaked up the last of our meagre shekels. Joey had a good hard geek at some art stuff whilst the H man and I mainly sat around grizzling and getting regular updates around various departure times. 

By the time Disneyland was done we'd been gone almost a week with not one decent hot weak flat white on record. 

Between the train station and our hotel we came across a cafe and threw caution to the wind. One extra hot weak flat white thank you. Boom, there it was. 
Shut the gate - I'm staying. Before we had even left to get checked in at our hotel my closest friend in the world gave us our loyalty card which already qualified us for a free coffee. Stop it. How happy was I.

The next photo on my iPhone is back in London so that's as good a cue as any to shut this down now and pick it up again tomorrow. Woo hoo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment