Tuesday 22 October 2013

Portugal.

Sarah and iains Portugal place - from the road.

From the front
From the house looking to the ocean ( through the trees) 

Very cool house with a whole floor below ground that's a gym and games room .

Portugal is becoming a big surfing hub, not to mention a big cycling fraternity . It's was warmish whilst we were there but we all grabbed wet suits and went boogie boarding. There were groups of 12 to 20 people learning to surf , mid week and out of season. 

Couple of pictures of the kids. Tell u what - surely this is a better alternative to the iPad.


That bank (above) was quite steep in sections . The kids stood on the edge and the bank would collapse and they'd sand surf down to the water . We all had a go - I've actually played a lot worse games in my time . 



Here's the flat whites Sar's organized virtually out of thin air. Would it reflect poorly on me if I said it bought us closer together?


You may recall from an earlier picture I mentioned Harry's nearly taller than Joey.


I spoke to my mother in nz yesterday and she was asking about the trip and photos etc. I directed her to this site which she was following when we were in Cambodia. She's having problems with her computer. I'm not saying her 386 is a little long in the tooth but it is insured for fire, theft and Viking raids. 
 
There was a few days and activities in London after we got back from Portugal that have snaps which may warrant one more European vacation post to follow. 

Try this - it's nice


Before I sign off for the evening some of you are probably wondering how Brends going on his bike ? He's signed up for the Taupo ride on the 30 th November. It's a fairly hilly 160k and the 7th biggest organized ride in the world annually with between 12,000 and 13,000 folk doing it.

 Brend took that bit of long slow stuff he did with me as a base, catapulted himself into some interval training and is absolutely SMASHING it right now. He's down to 93.0 kegs in his cycling themed pj's which translates into under 93 kegs in the nuddy. Still big for a hilly ride but I suspect he's going to turn some heads in NZ.

My brother Michael is going to do it as well. He and his cycling mates are also doing K2 the weekend after next which is a hilly 200 k ride. Jesus , Mary and Joseph.!

Anyway, I've sidetracked myself. C u shortly.






No comments:

Post a Comment