Friday 6 September 2013

Cambodia trip - initial warm down blog - Fri 6 September


Well what a wild ride that was both physically and emotionally.

It’s been a while since something has come along and consumed me so entirely before spitting me back out back into my normal life.

None the wiser perhaps but grateful for the experience nonetheless.

I did wonder whether, on the edge of exhaustion, I would gain one insight or another. Not to be I’m afraid. I already knew for example that that there is a bit of a difference between just scratching your arse and actually breaking the skin but hey, this isn’t a medical blog and I’m not technically a doctor. 

What I did recognize was that this is a cause I want to stay involved in and that the hospital needs us. So I’m definitely back next year should the family give me the green light. 

Knowing Fordy he’ll probably try and find a way to make it even more demanding next year. He’s just got this way about him of irritating people (actually he’s very likeable).

I’m not sure if I’ve shared this with you good people previously but Fordy and I flatted together in City Beach in Perth and then East Perth when we were younger. In the City Beach house he had the main bedroom with an en suite at the time I moved in - which of course I wanted. He did point out that he was the sitting tenant and was paying more rent than the rest of us – see what I mean about irritating. I asked him if we could flick for it anyway. I probably asked him maybe 600 or 700 times. Anyway, he stood firm and it wasn’t to be.  

We move to East Perth and fuck me he’s won the toss for the en suite again. It’s like Groundhog day. It’s gone to the best of three – Fordy again – terrific. We’d already had a bit of a history in NZ when he stole my missus (Jenny) off me when we both worked for the AMP. Well I worked – Fordy had his gym commitments. To be fair she was arguably  his missus at the time as they were going out so I guess you could argue I shouldn’t have complained so long or so loudly – in hindsight that scenario had some parallels with the City Beach en suite.

Anyway – he’s a bit of a winner.His and Sharon’s wedding was Joey and my second date

Here’s the plan. I think there’s been about 920 page views. I’m not sure I can fold up my tent until this collection of drivel hits 1000.

I’m going to come up with some absolute fireworks for my next post, stampede through the 1000 visits, secure a book deal – then go from there.

See you all over the weekend.
 
From the desk of the king*.
*It's a nickname I coined for myself. Took about twenty five years to get any traction whatsoever.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment