Monday 11 August 2014

Day 2. Battambang to Kampong Chhnang

Jesus.
205 kilometers.
Nearly 12 hours on the road with the bulk of it above 40 degrees.
It got 43.5. The tar was liquifying in sections and sticking to our tyres.
In sections it was arguably hotter than my missus.

We smashed out a solid 60 k to get a decent slab of it out of the way then gradually chewed through the rest in more digestible  25 or 30k chunks. 

Whole group ride the last 20 k together which was terrific.

Rode a lot of today with Steve Jones and a fair bit with Wayne Bradshaw. Here they are at dinner last night.



Jonesy got a flat during the ride today. This how we fix those sorts of problems over here .
None of that namby pamby take it to the bike shop carry on for us.

Our guide Buntry stopped off at a stall on side of the road and picked us up a yummy treat. A delicious dogs head.! I nearly shat myself. I'm so soft I couldn't even bring myself to take a photo of it. 

Massive props to big Sammy Gobran and even bigger Johnny Reynen. Both first timers but just doing it easy. V impressive as was ( sort of ) big Wayne ( Bradders) Bradshaw

I thought today was the hardest day but it turns out tomorrow is almost 200k but nearly 170k is off road. Fuck me!

Fingers crossed peoples. Just need to get through tomorrow then it all gets a little more manageable.

It's 7.30 and there's only four of us left at dinner!!! I'm down to the semi's.

Jog on sisters.






No comments:

Post a Comment