Friday 15 August 2014

Day 3 - Kampong Chhnang to Kirrirom 177k

Where do I start?

I was thinking about not boring you with the detail but on reflection thought id do my best to describe the  toughest day I, and I'd suspect most of my little riding buddies, have ever had.


Just on 180k at less than 20kph.
Almost all of it off road, rutted and at times very sandy.
All of it into the wind.
Trucks throwing up dust in a thick blanket settling on to you
6.00am til 7.30 at night.
All of that and the temperature in the mid forties til late afternoon.
In a word - brutal.

Hardest day I've ever had - period.

I was overheated for a lot of that day ( Tuesday - Have been having some technical difficulties getting my posts uploaded hence the lag. )

Went very close to hopping in the van on more than one occasion. 
Common sense and your iiq tells you one thing but there's competing voices isn't there. 
A large part of that day was spent very close to despair.

How funny is this particular post so far!!

A lot of little kindnesses helped everybody.

Couple of pics, the pics are of nice scenery most of the road was closer to Hades when u were riding it. 
One of our early stops



Got to the hotel out the back of beyond Fordy organized some spring rolls and I was in bed in 10 minutes or so, 

He had some beers to attend to.

Air con stopped working at 12.30pm just to keep the surprises coming.
Not a day any of us will be forgetting in a hurry. 
The support crew were exhausted also. What a performance, Nick, Karen and Kazumi. 

Next update and day later today or tomorrow. Might even try and up the entertainment component. 



No comments:

Post a Comment