Sunday 10 August 2014

Well, we're underway... Siem Reap to Battonbang 173k

Yo

Up to Fordys on Thursday. He and I shot out for a ride in Singapore Friday morning then Singapore to Siem Reap yesterday.

Took this quick snap at Simgapore airport



Two things, there's only a select group of people who can pull off the camo look, and fortunately Fordys one of them. Secondly if you have a look behind him you'll see he's being photo bombed. Obviously that only ever happens to celebs.

The mercury got up to 39.9 degrees today. That's Celsius ladies and gentlemen. Do you mind!! Day one!
Here's where we stopped for lunch;


Some of the group ate crabs from that river. I liked the idea of it ...but anyone that read last years blog knows I've got the constitution of an infant baby's marshmallow snack.

I personally found the last 25k pretty challenging but big Stevie J ramped back the rpms and coasted in with me. 

Different group this year, slightly different vibe but travelled just as beautifully as a unit. 

Hopefully it'll be just as hot tomorrow as it's a not for the faint hearted 203 Cambodian kilometers tomorrow. Hammer time. 

I've been talking plenty about how id learnt from last year and how I'd be drinking my fair share of beer this year - it's taken less than a day for everyone to see through that shit.

I haven't struck a blow since finishing the ride. Right, kit up and off to join the group

Where da party at?



1 comment:

  1. Following your blog is much more enjoyable than following your bike shorts....
    'he who breaks wind '

    ReplyDelete