Saturday 9 November 2013

November 9 Group ride.

 We did about 85k this morning. Brend Rich and I did 20k or so before I turned on the Garmin ( below ) at the start of the Group ride. 
The program we are following called for 1.5 hours including a 10 minute interval. 
Rich is doing a 150k event next weekend so is on his own program.
Brend stuck to the plan. 
Rich and I just followed the group like sheep. 
We averaged 33.5 kph for the first 60 k or so (to the end of Shelley ) before winding down to Hoopla cafe. Average had bled away a little to 32.8 by time I turned off clock at cafe.


Joey,the H man and I just had a recovery coffee and spinach and egg on toast @ Halo at the end of our street but I'm still a little cooked myself from the ride.

Brend and I have a 20 minute threshold "test" as part of our ride tomorrow. It's effectively a time trial but it establishes your base. 

Next week is the most intensive in the program, intervals Tues Wed and Thurs followed by two four houries on Sat and Sun with the last hour of both those weekend rides "all in". 

Right, couple of tasks to attend to....

No comments:

Post a Comment