Sunday 17 November 2013

Weekend rides 16 and 17 November.

Group ride Saturday morning. Historically I've been riding with the 3's/ 4's. Yesterday I went with the 2's but there were some of the guys from the 1's in there as well. It went pretty quick and I wound up getting dropped after 30 or 35k. I'm hopeful that if it's "just" the 2's I'll go closer to staying with them for the whole ride. The average speed was still over 36 kph if not 37 kph by the time I was spat out 

Took 15 to 20 minutes to "recover" enough to start riding at a reasonable pace again. Was a good lesson in riding within yourself ( I didn't) and was virtually powerless during that 15 to 20 mins.

Scheduled for 4 hours but only did 3. 

Sunday Brend and I did 4 x 10 minute intervals up Welshpool road hill as part of a 3 hour ride. Again scheduled for 4 but we were both toast for different reasons. It's a steady climb and known to anyone who cycles in Perth. Up past the BP station is just on 2.5 k. Not fast but steady. I could see from strava a lot of people go up there a lot faster than me so might look at trying to improve up there on an "all in" one off climb after we get back from Taupo.

In the most exciting bit of cycling news in our house this weekend Harry did a 3 k unassisted ride. He hasn't been super keen on riding and is a little more The IT Crowd than Fox Sports 

We had to incentivize ( bribe) him ...but hey...


No comments:

Post a Comment