Sunday 24 November 2013

Sunday 24 Nov. 100klms

On the road a little before 5.30 this morning. Little mosquito Brend and I did the first few k with Dave@58 who was out for a 110k ride followed by a 5 k run of the bike. Only a couple of weeks til his first ironman in busselton and he's looking the business. 

I'm going to shoot down there and heckle/support him.

Put the poor hydration choice from Friday night behind me and Brend and I did 2 sets of 10 minutes of 15 seconds on and off within our 40k ride. Out and back - averaged 34kph out and 37 kph back - for a blended 35.5


After the 40 k  and with his weekends riding almost done (after nearly 5 hours up in the hills yesterday ) Brend dropped me back at the bike shop in South Perth @ 7.00am and I went with the Sunday 7.00 am group from there. 

There were only 5 in the group. We averaged 30.2kph for that 60k


That's the last of the bit if the program I've been following. 

There's a couple of rides left but nothing too taxing. Brends posting numbers he hasn't seen for a while so he's fizzing. Thank Christ we are traveling separately. My brothers also going to smash the ride leaving the old third wheel here to get the beers in afterwards. 

Whilst I'm undoubtedly riding better now than at any time previously I'm not sure how much that improvement will translate  on a 160k hilly course at 103 or 104 kegs. I'm pretty relaxed about this ride which isn't always the case and already looking fowward to getting back and starting the next block of the program.
I'm thinking doing a 40k time trial program would be quite cool. Lose a few kilos and try and smash the living day lights out of it.

Joey , Harry and I popped out for a bit of brunch with Jo's Mum this morning at Fez in Mt Lawley. Two hot weak flat whites - life's good. 

My bikes getting serviced on Tuesday. Before I realized my back was rooted immediately after the ironman I saw a Specialized Triathlon bike that I thought Joey would want me to buy. It wasn't cheap. Given I had two bikes I asked the guy at the bike shop to order it , I'd pay it off and take it home when the time was right. Joeys just under average size but
quite  often punches above her weight when it comes to making sense. Long story short I eventually paid the bike off but there was never a right time to get the bike home. I sold it at a loss rather than trying to make sense of that purchase. 

Sometimes you just have to take one for the family.

The little man (Harry) cranked out another 3ks mid Sunday afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment