Monday 26 August 2013

Day 2. 26 August. Battambang to Krakor

Let me start at the end and work backwards. It rained pretty heavily late arvo which cooled the day down for the last session. Had a bit of a bottom lip moment this arvo. We thought it was going to be 145k which was going to be plenty as it was 37 degrees and 25k of it was VERY off road.


The theme of todays blog is pictures that dont do justice to the points I am trying to make - looking at that photo
It doesn't appear VERY off road even to me and i was there.

The ride was actually 165k  or more - cue the bottom lip. Started a little after 7 on basis we thought short day, and finished at dusk. Obviously stops along the way, but nothing lengthy.

Alls well that ends well and the rain helped drag the 37 degrees down!


Here are My roomies Mat Talbot calves. 



In keeping with the underperforming pictures theme now that I've inserted this photo they don't look as impressive as they do in real life! I'll get a better depiction and post it before the trip is finished.

I feel like I know some of these people quite well already. It's fair to say sitting on your bike for 8 or more hours each day fast tracks your appreciation of the people in the group. 

We visited the school that Fordys company largely funded. It was a holiday but the kids ( hundreds) came in in their uniforms. Photo below.



 It's late and I'm shattered so don't want to purge everything I'm feeling but I would like to publicly pass on my admiration for Bruce and Sharon for lmaking a meaningful difference to a comparatively vast number of lives. Not just for the 850 kids physically going thru the school in this generation but the choices that education will enable the kids to make with their own kids and relatives.

Following is a picture of Frank looking for his sunglasses. The reason I found this quite funny is that exactly the same thing happened to me an hour earlier. Between us we'd asked a handful of people if they had seen our sunnies.



Right people you are keeping me up. Chat tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment