Thursday 15 August 2013


No shortage of adventure out on the roads this morning folks. Puncture, buckled wheel and 100 odd k’s of pretty ordinary weather.

Big Brend out the front putting it in for both of us, me out the back offering encouragement …. we take some beating as a team. 

Ordinarily Perth conditions would be pretty good for preparing for the humidity of places like Cambodia but going from 3 layers which is what we’ve been wearing for the last couple of months to very high humidity is going to be a bit of an adjustment.

It’s my neighbours birthday tomorrow – he’s turning 25. As far as I know he hasn’t given a thought to moving out of home as yet. Why would he?  I understand he’s taking some plans to an architect to extend out or at least find out about height restrictions for a second storey above his bedroom. He’s conceded it’s not going to do anything to add anything to the aesthetics of the property but as he rightly points out his current living conditions could lead to him feeling a little hemmed in.

It wouldn’t be a cycling blog without two quick excerpts from songs

 ...and another thing,
ive been wondering,
lately..

The Hoodoo Guru’s – just literally firing a song out of a cannon – what a start…

Oh, the bottle has been to me
My closest friend and
My worst enemy

Natalie Merchant – lead singer from 10,000 Maniacs and ex girlfriend of Michael Stipe (lead singer from REM). That was a big bundle of talent in one relationship. You don’t have to drink a lot of pop for that lyric to strike a chord.

Back to cycling. Joey read my last blog (hurtfully, she ignored the first two) and having noted i'd used her abridged Christian name suggested I use her full name  going forward (the very beautiful Joey).
 
We are off in a week. Group ride this Saturday then a big ride with big Brend on Sunday.
 
I'm going to upload tomorrows post from my iphone which is what i'll be using during the ride.  It's going to include a photo or two. I'm not sure of what just yet. At this stage it's looking like I might have to scan a picture of Jack's planned extension  (see above)  - it's ambitious!
 
For anyone who's thought my posts have lacked punch to date I cant see tomorrow being the day it all turns around from my phone.
 
Until tomorrow. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment