Tuesday 20 August 2013

Tuesday in Kings Park.

Four of us out this morning. Rich just back from injury ( but hardly skipping a beat) medium sized Steve, big Brend,who you all know , and yours truly. We met up with Dave@58 (who's training for the Busso ironman) up in Kings Park who had already smashed out 4 or 5 repeats by the time he saw us.

It was ridiculously picturesque out this morning and I would have got a picture of the yellow and orange sunrise over the city but a/ it's a little cliched and b/ the boys don't even like me far less being prepared to wait for me. Speaking of weather I head off on Friday after months of shit weather and the forecast is basically fine from Friday. Stop it!

Hill repeats are never easy but to be fair they are not advertised as such. I'm enjoying them maybe 2% more than usual as having done a few k's and gotten a little stronger, relatively speaking I'm improving. As soon as you think that way of course some mountain goat comes past you doing 30k fair cremating any newfound optimism.
My cyclo cross bike is in at my local bike shop ( lbs) getting dismantled and packed. There's a definite spike in the content of the emails from my team mates 12 of whom im yet to meet. It's getting close to siren time ladies and gentlemen.

Easy 30 k ride tomorrow then a final hungy (100 k's) on Thursday morning with medium sized Steve and Brend.

Then it's hammer time baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment