Friday 30 August 2013

Day 5. Kirriron to Shoukouville. 160k

We started out into a strong headwind for the first 30 k or so and were probably averaging 17kph. I had lost the will to live .i was also told it was 185 k's. That's a fair old way into a headwind stronger than one of Mat Talbots mojhito's.

In the first bit of good fortune since I got a fantastic hot weak flat white at Singapore Airport ( so good I ordered a second ) the last bright spot in my life gastronomically speaking, the wind dropped and it bucketed down for almost the rest of the day. The people who had trained in Singapore not as pleased but Johnny Harris and I coming out of a wet Perth winter, big thumbs up.
Here's a picture of me and the founder who some of my friends already know very well.
It has to be said, he's riding pretty well. For some reason I'm yet to fathom the Fordy boy is thriving on this shit. The only upside if u can call it that is that he has been too gracious to date to dish out too much sledging to the rest of us. That said his knocking over a dozen beers at night and a few wines isn't doing much for the self esteem for the rest of us.

The waiter walked past me with an open can of beer last night and I chucked.

Here's a photo of a new close friend of mine, big Steve Jones, who
Isn't going too badly himself on the bike just quietly.
Just to bring a bit of old fashioned Hollywood in we went the selfy 


Speaking of Hollywood here's a picture of Johnny Harris himself putting on a show for the locals They've seen some celebrities thru here before but none as big in the insurance celebrity stakes than Johnny
Thats another celebrity's finger in the foreground.

 had a rush of blood and stayed out with the group til 9.15.pm

Three people fell off the bike today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment