Monday 19 August 2013

In the words of the late, great, Kerry Packer...

I'm very pleased to have your company.

Sourn swa-khorn 
Welcome - in Cambodian

5.15am yesterday saw Brend and I rolling, rolling, rolling down the ( freeway) river.Just on 140klms later I was pretty keen to jump off the bike as home came into sight. Big Brend was showing a sign or two of being in the same boat so some small satisfaction as he's in a different stratosphere of rider than the old Quinny boy.
Two coffees back to back in a new p.b. (personal  best) then a quick staring competition with the inside of my eyelids.
Sprang up like a jungle cat into an ice cold shower like other hardened athletes, ok just a normal shower, then off to big Grizzy Grogans place for his son Sean's 18th birthday.16 full strength (3 mid strengths) later and it was time to bust a move. But not before the Grizz man produced a coffee of Goldilocks porridge standard (just right) pic below.
Stopped at the Merrywell bar for about 45 seconds on the way back home from
the Grizzys place to catch my neighbors the Berendse's but they moved me on fairly quickly for lack of quality input. 

There's four of us doing some hill repeats in Kings Park tomorrow. I'm 107kgs Brends 97kgs but a genuinely elite cyclist then the other two are under 70 kilo's. I think the gold silver and bronze might be safe for another Tuesday.

....you're failing to match me.
Throw your arms in the air like you're hailing a taxi.
Hilltop Hoods

Don't know what comes before "you're failing to match me"but it's the bit about the arms that elevates that couple of lines into noteworthy status.

Chum reap leah






No comments:

Post a Comment